Sunday, January 3, 2010

Before & After #4 The Family Room

Here is the before picture of what becomes our family room. The wall on the left is completely removed along with the entertainment cabinet. This was the strangest layout because there was no room for any furniture to go in front of the cabinet,
so I guess the previous owners just stood to watch the t.v.??

This is the other side of the removed wall. It was a sitting room off of the master bedroom. My favorite part is the painted-on rug on the wood floor....

After removing the wall we filled in the opening in the master bedroom.




I decided to showcase one of my favorite pieces in this room. This old trunk I bought from a guy on the side of the road for $20. I just cleaned it up a bit and clear coated the outside. I love it!

2 comments:

Pedaling said...

oh, come on...the painted on rug adds a bit of something unique...:)
i really love this room
and i really want to paint my golden yellow walls just like it!
everything about this room says YES!

Anny said...

Again, you home is amazing.