Have you ever heard of the greensmoothiegirl? One of my friends was telling me about her website and said to check it out. I found it pretty interesting. She is a lady who lives in Pleasant Grove and was having trouble with her kids health. Her doctors were not helping, so she decided to research on her own. She found that by feeding them tons of fruits and veggies their health issues vanished. She makes them "Green Smoothies" everyday that include lots of spinach, kale, collards, frozen berries and bananas. I have been making smoothies for a couple of years now that include spinach, carrots, berries, bananas, and protein powder. The "Smoothie girl" is vegetarian and is against most protein powders. I will never be a vegetarian but I think a lot of the info she shares is valuable.
#1- We could all use more fresh veggies and fruit. I am going to try adding Kale and other greens I've never thought of adding to my smoothies.
#2-Being self-reliant with our health is so important. Most doctors are not trained to prevent sickness, but to treat it. We should educate ourselves the best we can on health and nutrition. We should know how to make and grow our own healthy food. We never know what the future holds, especially with health care system in our country.
After reading the smoothiegirl I was inspired to do more for the health of my family. I went to the library and picked up a couple of books on how to make yummy Raw Foods.


Don't these pictures just make your mouth water?
I think they look so good,I'm excited to try a few new recipes.

As I was skimming through these books, I noticed they all use a variety of sprouts. It just so happens I have some sprouting trays I got for Christmas. I used them once and it was so easy and the sprouts were really good. I am going to try different grains and see which ones I like best.
Did you know you can make bread out of sprouts? I've never done it before, but you take sprouts put them in a blender until they turn into a dough-like consistency. Then just form it into a loaf and dry in a dehydrator for like 12 hours. If your not up for that much work, then just buy some. Ezeikial bread is made from 100% sprouted grains. It's great because it still has the live enzymes which are so good for you. You can also get tortillas made the same way. You can buy this bread from Whole foods in the freezer bread section or I've also seen it at Harmons in the frozen food section. It is yummy, and to me taste similar to a hearty wheat bread.I was talking to my sister in law the other day who loves creating and making all sorts of healthy stuff. She told me she had just made Avocado Pudding. Wow, I thought, that sounds weird. She said it was so good. She had gotten the recipe from a raw foods cook book. Maybe it's time we all start thinking outside the box.
I will probably never eat exclusively "RAW" foods. But I do believe it will be on the menu more often then not.

2 comments:
what a good idea! I've been wanting to eat healther too. I love the smoothly idea!
I loved her Web sight and have also checked out some books. Mine is more of a limited time problem, but I am taking baby steps and trying to have healthier food around to grab.
Keep me updated on your "easy" recipe findings.
Post a Comment