Thursday, October 13, 2011

Marseille, France

Marseille was the biggest city we saw in France.  It had the sights & smells that come with large cities.  I was surprised to see so much graffiti on the beautiful old buildings.  The traffic was crazy but an organized crazy.  There were a lot of people on bikes and motor scooters flowing in and out of traffic just like the cars.


We made this trip with our good friends, Aaron & Colleen. Aaron served his mission here so it was fun for him to be back 
and show us his old stomping grounds.  
We even ran into some elders on the street.
 
  
One of the highlights of Marseille was taking a boat ride out to Chauteu D'if.  It is an old castle that used to be a prison. 
Alexander Dumas made it famous because his book 
The Count of Monte Cristo.
 



Aaron talked the locals into letting him and Clint play a little beach volleyball.  This gave Colleen and I some people watching time.  You know, the beaches here are tops optional, 
it was..... interesting.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love all your pix, "tops optional" sounds so european and a little scary!

Pedaling said...

always good to go with somebody who knows the area and speaks the language and is cute and fun to boot!

mind if i keep that bike image..i see a new header in my future!

Lora said...

Wow! It would be really fun to travel with someone who could show you around to all the cool places...I have to say the beach would have been a no go for me....I don't like people watching that much :) Ha ha, glad you had a chance to go and have fun, I'm only slightly jealous :)