Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Welcome Baby Luke!

Luke William Olson
Born 10/12/2009
8 lbs. 2 oz. 18 inches
The little one has finally arrived! And wow did he make an entrance! Being that he is our 6th child I thought this delivery would be a breeze. Well, he decided to come 6 days late to start. I was beginning to think he was going to stay in forever! Early Monday morning my water broke and labor started, yay! We headed to the hospital, everything was going great, I dilated really fast and thought for sure he would be out in no time. After an hour or so of unmedicated pushing he wasn't budging and his heart rate was dropping. So long story short, I ended up having an emergency c-section. Crazy that out of 6 deliveries my last had to be a c-section!! Luckily, Luke was born strong and healthy and all in all things turned out great. Because of flu season the hospital has restricted visitors to 14 and older. My kids are dying to meet their new brother but they just have to wait until we get home...bummer.





Daddy had to get the baby boy acclimated to the Jordan brand asap!

7 comments:

Nicole said...

Oh Ann!! How crazy is that! I'm so glad he is finally here and all is o.k. after all that! What a cutie! Congrats and can't wait to see you and Luke.

Jason Zander said...

Oh, he is so cute! I love all of his hair. I want to come and see you tomorrow. I'll call you.

Natalie said...

oh, what a cutie! He looks like your other kids! Congrats!

Pedaling said...

yep, he's yours alright!
the olsen mold is a strong one!

he is too cute! i love his hair and his chubby-wubby squishy cheeks!

congrats.
sorry about the c-section- that really bites!

DeRose Family said...

YEAH! He is absolutely BEAUTIFUL!!I love his little mouth - and those eyes!! I'm in love already! Can't wait to visit you when you get home! CONGRATULATIONS MY FRIEND!

Venna said...

Ann, he is beautiful! Can you say that for a boy?! Yes you can! Esp. if he's wearing a "Jordan" outfit already! You my dear look fabulous as well. I never looked that cute after delivering kids! Congrats again!

Tricia said...

He's darling, Ann! Congrats. So sorry it was rough getting him here. But what a blessing to have a healthy, sweet baby boy in your arms. I looooooove babies!!!