Sunday, October 31, 2010

Happy Halloween


There were multiple costumes leaving our house this year.
Shelby alone dressed differently at each of her four parties.
A witch, a mermaid, a pirate, and
a giraffe. Plus a Bee for Trick or Treating.

Alex designed her Genie costume and I helped her sew it.
I also made Abby's Cruella Deville
which I'm happy to report won the Grand Prize at her school dance.
(Yes. That is her real hai
r.)


For the family party, which was a Disney theme, we dressed as Lion King characters.
Sad to say, we are missing Mufasa who had to hunt for food while we played.




Others at the party included:
Mickey & Minnie, Brother Bear & the Eskimo woman,
Woody, Jessie & the Pig, 2 Crows and the Scarecrow,
The Incredibles, and King Arthur.
We also had Tweety bird, Granny, Thelma fro
m Scooby Doo & Snow White.

We played Pin the Nose on the Witch,
hit a Pinata, had a C
ake Walk,
Decorated Cookies, ate lunch, and enjoyed visiting.
I so remember playing with my cousins when I was young
and I love that my kids are making
memories of their own.


When the kids were done Trick or Treating, they chose their favorite
10 pieces of candy and then left the rest for Wanda the Witch.
She would take the candy while they slept and bring them each a prize in exchange.
They were all excited with what they got except Abby who would have
much rather had the candy she gave up.
I think it was fun and great to not have so much candy consumed by the littles.
Maybe she'll come next year too!

2 comments:

Pedaling said...

Looks like a whole lotta fun!
Nice job on the costumes.
You look like one of the kids...only wish i could have seen Mfasa!

Natalie said...

I love these pictures!!! And I love, love, love all the costumes!!! I can't believe you made those! Talented woman!